Human order errors can contribute to a $9,000 per month loss for restaurants and having the right technology for staff and customers can save restaurants thousands of dollars in labor.
The restaurant industry is a competitive one, and restaurants are always looking for ways to increase their revenue and retain customers.
Here are a few tips:
- Offer online ordering. This is a convenient option for customers, and it can help you increase your sales.
- Provide excellent customer service. This is essential for any business, but it’s especially important for restaurants. Make sure your customers have a positive experience from start to finish.
- Keep your menu fresh and exciting. Customers are more likely to return to restaurants that offer a variety of dishes.
- Promote your restaurant. Let people know about your restaurant through online channels, social media, and word-of-mouth.
- Create a loyalty program. This is a great way to reward your customers and encourage them to come back again and again.
Here are some additional tips that can help restaurants increase their revenue and retain customers:
- Use the right technology. There are a number of different technologies that can help restaurants improve their operations and efficiency. For example, using a restaurant POS system can help you track orders, manage inventory, and take payments.
- Focus on your strengths. What makes your restaurant unique? What do you do better than anyone else? Make sure you’re highlighting your strengths in your marketing materials and your customer service.
- Be flexible. The restaurant industry is constantly changing, so be prepared to adapt your business accordingly. For example, if you see that a particular dish is popular, you can add it to your menu. Or, if you find that a certain location isn’t performing well, you can close it down.
- Have fun! Running a restaurant can be a lot of work, but it’s also a lot of fun. Enjoy the process and don’t be afraid to experiment.
By following these tips, restaurants can increase their revenue and retain customers.
Case Study: Country Pizza Italian Grill
Country Pizza Italian Grill, a Florida-based restaurant now owned by Dino Alimonos, was established in Clearwater, Florida, USA 1977 by a talented and passionate, Arthur Alimonos. Shortly after opening, the restaurant’s pizza quickly became popular and was awarded the local Best Pizza award multiple times.
Customers would come from all over the country to have a taste of the restaurant’s incredible pizza. The restaurant has continued to be known for its tasty pizza and stays true to its “Taste – Tradition” motto.
Country Pizza Italian Grill wanted to continue growing its success through online ordering without spending lots of labor hours and money. Working with Orderapp has achieved exactly that. Orderapp has helped the restaurant do what it does best, by streamlining online orders and menu management.
Before working with Orderapp, the restaurant would need to manually input online orders coming from their online website and third-party platforms like UberEats into their POS.
With Orderapp’s direct POS integrations, the restaurant no longer has to manually input online orders, saving more than 208 labor hours and $2,860 in labor a year. Country Pizza Italian Grill can now use that time to focus on their service increasing customer satisfaction.
Orderapp’s direct integration has also helped eliminate order errors that are expected when manually entering orders. The average 3-5% of order errors expected from any restaurant may seem low, but it can be attributed to losses of about $30 per order and $9,000 every month (based on a 20-table restaurant, 6,000 orders monthly).
- By simply eliminating order errors, the restaurant is retaining customers. With no order errors, customers are satisfied with the restaurant’s service wanting to return and order again.
- The higher customer satisfaction can lead to the increased order value, in turn increasing revenue. The additional time restaurant staff spend with customers enhancing their dining experience is also further helping the restaurant retain new and current customers.
- The convenience of online ordering websites helps retain customers too. Customers love the convenience of being able to order right from their smartphones from anywhere. 34% of consumers spend at least $50 per order when ordering food online.
- Some pizza chains even reported an 18% increase in order value in online orders than phone orders. The restaurant’s online ordering website provides customers with convenience making them want to order from the restaurant again in the future.
Orderapp can greatly benefit your restaurant and customers. Orderapp saves you time and effort with its direct POS integration. Your restaurant will be able to effortlessly manage orders and menus from your POS.
Your restaurant will also become more accessible to customers by providing another means by which they order, increasing your revenue and retaining new and current customers.
By offering a great dining experience, providing convenient ordering options, running effective marketing campaigns, and providing excellent customer service, restaurants can increase their revenue and retain customers. Orderapp is a valuable tool that can help restaurants to achieve these goals.