The food delivery industry is booming. In 2022, the global food delivery menu market was worth an estimated $258.8 billion, and it is expected to grow to $415.2 billion by 2027. This growth is being driven by a number of factors, including the increasing popularity of online ordering, the growing number of people who live alone, and the convenience of having food delivered to your door.
If you own a restaurant, you can tap into this growing market by offering delivery. However, in order to be successful, you need to create a delivery menu that maximizes profits and creates repeat customers.
In this blog post, we will discuss some tips for creating a delivery menu that will help you achieve your business goals.
Why create a delivery menu?
There are a number of reasons why you should create a delivery menu for your restaurant.
- To attract new customers: A delivery menu can help you reach a wider audience of potential customers. People who may not be able to make it to your restaurant in person can still enjoy your food by ordering it for delivery.
- To increase sales: A delivery menu can help you increase sales by making it easier for customers to order food from you. Customers who order food for delivery are more likely to spend more money than customers who dine in.
- To boost profits: A delivery menu can help you boost profits by reducing your overhead costs. When you offer delivery, you don’t have to pay for the cost of seating, tableware, or waitstaff.
1. Choose the right menu items
The first step in creating a successful delivery menu is to choose the right menu items. Not all menu items are created equal when it comes to delivery. Some items are more difficult to transport and keep hot or cold, while others are more likely to get soggy or messy.
When choosing menu items for your delivery menu, consider the following factors:
- How well will the item travel? Some items, such as salads or sandwiches, are more likely to get soggy or messy during transport. Others, such as pizzas or burgers, are more durable and can withstand the journey to the customer’s door.
- How long will the item stay hot or cold? If you’re delivering food that needs to be hot, you’ll need to make sure that it stays hot until it arrives at the customer’s door. This means using insulated packaging and delivering the food as quickly as possible.
- How popular is the item? It’s important to choose menu items that are popular with your customers. This will help you to maximize your profits and create repeat customers.
According to a study by Technomic, the most popular delivery menu items are pizza, pasta, burgers, and sandwiches. These items are all relatively easy to transport and keep hot or cold, and they are also popular with a wide range of customers.
How to price your delivery menu items
When pricing your delivery menu items, you need to consider a number of factors, including the cost of your ingredients, the cost of labor, and the cost of delivery. You also need to make sure that your prices are competitive with other restaurants in your area.
One way to price your delivery menu items is to add a flat delivery fee to each order. This is a simple and easy way to recoup the costs of delivery. Another way to price your delivery menu items is to factor the cost of delivery into the price of each item. This can be more complicated, but it can help you avoid sticker shock for customers.
How to promote your delivery menu
Once you have created your delivery menu, you need to promote it so that people know about it. Here are a few tips for promoting your delivery menu:
- Add a link to your delivery menu on your website: Make it easy for people to find your delivery menu by adding a link to it on your website.
- Promote your delivery menu on social media: Share photos and videos of your food on social media and let people know that you offer delivery.
- Put up signs in your restaurant: Let people know that you offer delivery by putting up signs in your restaurant.
- Partner with third-party delivery platforms: Partner with third-party delivery platforms like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub to make it easy for people to order food from your restaurant.
2. Use clear and concise descriptions
When customers are ordering food online, they don’t have the opportunity to see or taste the food before they order it. This means that your menu descriptions need to be clear and concise so that customers know exactly what they’re getting.
Your menu descriptions should include the following information:
- The name of the item
- A brief description of the item
- Any allergens or dietary restrictions
- The size of the serving
- The price of the item
Your descriptions should be clear, concise, and easy to understand. They should also be accurate and truthful. If you’re not sure how to describe an item, ask a friend or family member for help.
3. Use high-quality photos
Visuals are very important when it comes to online ordering. Customers are more likely to order food if they can see what it looks like. This means that you need to use high-quality photos of your food on your delivery menu.
Your photos should be clear, well-lit, and free of distractions. They should also accurately represent the food that you’re selling.
According to a study by Visually, customers are 100% more likely to read a description of a product if it includes a photo. So make sure to use high-quality photos of your food on your delivery menu.
4. Offer discounts and promotions
Discounts and promotions are a great way to attract new customers and encourage repeat orders. You can offer discounts on specific items, on orders of a certain size, or on orders placed during certain times of the day or week.
You can also offer loyalty programs that reward customers for their repeat business. This is a great way to build relationships with your customers and keep them coming back for more.
According to a study by Restaurant Marketing, restaurants that offer discounts and promotions see a 30% increase in sales. So don’t be afraid to offer discounts and promotions on your delivery menu.
5. Make it easy to order
The easier it is for customers to order food from you, the more likely they are to do so. This means having a user-friendly website or app that makes it easy to browse your menu, add items to their cart, and checkout.
You should also offer multiple payment options, such as credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal. This will make it more convenient for customers to order from you.
6. Offer excellent customer service
Even if you have a great delivery menu and offer discounts and promotions, you’ll still need to provide excellent customer service if you want to be successful. This means being responsive to customer inquiries, resolving any problems quickly and efficiently, and going the extra mile to make sure that customers are happy with their orders.
By following these tips, you can create a delivery menu that maximizes profits and creates repeat customers. So what are you waiting for? Start creating your delivery menu today!
How TechRyde can help
TechRyde is a platform that can help you create a successful delivery menu. We offer a variety of features that can help you attract new customers, encourage repeat orders, and provide excellent customer service.
Some of the features that TechRyde offers include:
- A user-friendly website and app that makes it easy for customers to order food from you.
- Discounts and promotions that can help you attract new customers and encourage repeat orders.
- Excellent customer service that will help you keep your customers happy.
In an increasingly competitive food delivery landscape, optimizing your delivery menu is essential for maximizing profits and creating repeat customers.
By streamlining your menu, highlighting bestsellers, optimizing for visual appeal, providing customization options, offering bundled deals, and implementing a loyalty program, you can enhance the customer experience, drive sales, and foster customer loyalty.
To further streamline your delivery service, consider incorporating the use of TechRyde, an innovative platform that provides seamless integration with online food delivery apps and services. TechRyde offers advanced features such as real-time order tracking, efficient dispatch management, and customer communication tools. By leveraging technology, you can improve your delivery operations, provide a superior customer experience, and ultimately boost your profitability.
Remember, a well-crafted delivery menu not only drives revenue but also helps you build a strong brand identity in the minds of your customers. By implementing these tips and embracing technological solutions like TechRyde, you’ll be on the path to success in the competitive world of food delivery.
Facts and figures:
- The global food delivery market is expected to reach $210.3 billion by 2028.
- The average person orders food delivery 15 times per year.
- The most popular food delivery items are pizza, burgers, and Chinese food.
- 70% of food delivery customers are millennials.
- 50% of food delivery customers are willing to pay a premium for delivery.
Call to action:
If you’re a restaurant owner, I encourage you to take the time to create a delivery menu that drives profits and repeat customers. By following the tips in this blog post, you can increase your sales and grow your business.
- Technomic: https://www.technomic.com/
- The NPD Group: https://www.npd.com/
- Statista: https://www.statista.com/